Monday, September 30, 2013
Hello!
Zach sent me an email about his motorcycle accident. Lucky, he didn't break anything. I remember when I broke my arm. Not fun. Just some good rest will help.
Well, things are going great here! Elder Le Beau and I are doing some good work. We finally got to meet Sarah and Windy Wildmon. We set up a time to visit at a later time. She didn't seem too like she didn't like us, she was nice and smiled at us. We're trying to meet with more people. It's hard to find deaf people here. Mark Call, he's a sunday school teacher here. He works for Sorenson. He has a list of all the deaf people here in Fremont. But he can't tell us, or he'll get fired. He says once he retires, he'll share the list with the missionaries that are serving ASL. Wow, lucky them!
A member invited her friend to get a blessing from us. Her friend's name is Shanthi. They're both from India. Shanthi is having a hard time helping her daughter. So the member brought Shanthi to meet us. We gave Shanthi a blessing and then taught here about how the gospel blesses families. She said that we could meet heragain and teach her whole family! It was great. The member was teling us that she felt like she needed to invite Shanti to get a blessing, but she didn't know what to do. The times before, Shanthi didn't want to do anything with the church. But this member felt so strongly that she should, and was really surprosed when Shantyi accepted. It was a great story.
This past Saturday, we went to the Boy Scout's Garage sale. We just wanted to look around. As we looked around, I found this really cool typewriter. So I bought it for 2 dollars. It's so cool! I don't have to write letters by hand anymore, I just use the typewriter.
Love you all
No comments:
Post a Comment