January 20, 2014
Hello family.
Everything is going great. We had to move Zack's baptism because he got in trouble with the Army and couldn't leave his house. So now his baptism is on the 25th. We're still working with him and praying for him. He's come a long way already. He's still excited for his baptism.
My companion is being transferred. Elder Harper will be gone. But I think I know who my new companion will be. Elder Fakava. He's from Tonga. His english is ok, not the best in the world, but good enough. I think I can learn some Tongan from him. I think I will now work with the Tongan Branch. Fort Ord Ward and Tongan Branch. It will be a lot of work. I'm afraid of the Tongan dinners. They make a ton of food. too much food!
Jordan will be going home next week. I'll be home in 12 weeks. Time is so fast. I'll be sad when I leave.
Yeah, I got your package. I have new socks! It's great! I also have the bottles. I got the letter from you too. Thank you so much.
We've been working super hard and now we're having success. There was a family that moved here 2 weeks ago, non members. One of our members was selling baby toys and the non member wanted it. So the member went to the non member's home to drop of the toys and then they started talking. They talked for 1 hour and now the non member wants to learn more. We went over and visited this family, the crouse family. They are ready to be baptized. The wife's best friend is a member and the father wants to learn about the church for his little daughter. We've definatly been blessed. We've set up a day for them to be baptized in our first lesson. February 22.
Love, Elder Giles
No comments:
Post a Comment