Monday, June 18, 2012


18 June, 2012

Now I finally have time to send you a good e-mail.
 
I arrived in San Jose around 10:00.  I was all by myself on the airplane.  I had no companion.  It was really weird because I was used to the MTC and always having a companion.  People were nice to me.  One guy even bought me a bottle of water.  At the airport in San Jose, I met President Watkins and the two assistant presidents.  President Watkins is really nice.  He drove me to the mission office in San Jose and there I met my 2 companions.  Elder Horlacher and Elder Nelson.  Elder Nelson tried to pretend he was deaf, but President Watkins already told me that my companions were hearing.  I played along with Elder Nelson.  It was funny, we all entered the President's office to meet with him.  President Watkins was so confused why Elder Nelson couldn't talk.  Watkins was used to talking to Elder Nelson.  President Watkins kept asking "Are you ok?  Did you bite your tongue?  Why can't you talk?"  Finally Elder Nelson gave up.   Elder Horlacher's parents are famous like my mom and dad.  His mom and dad's names are Paul and Kim Horlacher.  I came to the Fremont Deaf Branch and pretty much everyone said "Wow!  You're Bobby and Liz's son?  WOW  I know them."  Everyone was excited.  I saw The Wesloh Family, Pina, Kathleen Ireland, and many more.  I can't remember their names right now, but they said they know you. 
 
The Fremont Deaf Branch had just had it's 30th anniversary of the branch being set up.  We had a BBQ and a fireside.  It was really good. 

I love you all.  I hope you will send me letters soon.
From Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment