I'm doing great here. I'm so busy all the time, teaching, meeting people, serving people, dinner appointments, and so many other things. Well, I won't need a bike. My companion and I drive around everywhere. It's really nice. We also don't have limits on where we can go. Normally, a companionship is stuck in an area, but my companion and I can go anywhere we want. We can even leave the San Jose Mission area. As long as we're doing work.
Something really funny happened on Friday. Elder Horlacher and I were getting ready for bed when someone called us on the VP. It was Emerald Brown, a 20 year old black deaf potential investigator. We set up an appointment to meet her at the train station. Before she hung up, she wanted to talk to Elder Horlacher. Emerald said "On August 25, do you want to go to Prom with me?" I laughed so hard. Elder Horlacher got asked to Prom. It was really awkward for him. He said "Ummm, well I can't. I'm serving a 2 year mission. I'm teaching about Jesus Christ." I don't think Emerald understands what we're doing. We'll try and explain when we meet.
I'll send more emails later. I'll probably send my memory card today or tomorrow. I want to take a couple more pictures before I send it.
Love, Elder Giles
(When his mom and dad read about "Prom with me", they were laughing. It is so FUNNY!)
No comments:
Post a Comment