Sept 5, 2012
Hello family, I am doing great, I have an interesting story to share.
A couple days ago, we were meeting people on the streets. We did that for a while and we were about to leave. Before we left, we saw a man and his dog. We decided to meet him before we left. We walked up to him and he said "Hey Elders! I need to talk to you." Elder Horlacher and I looked at each other. "Ok, we can talk to you." We talked with him for a bit. His name is Edward Yoda and he is an excommunicated member. He said he wanted to go to church again. We told him where our chruch was and what time it started. Then, out of nowhere, he asked us to give him a priesthood blessing. We were in the middle of a grocery store parking lot. We said we would, but we should try to find someplace more private. We found an empty ally and gave him a priesthood blessing in there. It was a very interesting experience. The more we talked with him, the more we realized he wasn't "all there" He was a little bit mental. He was normal, except for a few things here and there. He said he was going to run for president in 2016. He's homeless. He said he met president Obama while he was dressed as a gangster. It was very strange.
Anyway, I know I am protected. I will carry my camera with me more and take more pcitures.
I love you all. From Elder Giles
No comments:
Post a Comment