We watched General conference at our church building. It was a wonderful experience. Normally it's hard to pay attention, but not this time. I think it has something to do with being a missionary. I didn't fall asleep or wiggle around. I paid attention. I thought it was CRAZY when they announced the change in age for missionaries. WOW, 18 year old for elders and 19 for sisters. I wonder what I would've done if they had changed it to 18 before I left on my mission. If I had the chance, I think I would've gone when I was 18 and then join the Marines Later. Maybe I wouldn't have joined at all? Who knows? Well, I'm happy with where I'm at right now.
I think it was yesterday, or the day before, but I've officially been away from home for 6 months! WOW time is going by really fast! Does it feel like a long time to you? I'll be home in no time.
We have a baptisim coming up on October 20. Daniel Zopfi is getting baptized! We are so excited. It will be our first baptism for my companion and I! He's been on his mission for about 8 months now. The work is really slow right now. We don't have many people to teach, and the people that we can teach, they are really hard to catch. They're going to work or school or caring for their families or going on vacation or whatever. We just need need to keep trying.
And I'm doing a good job with my journal writing. I'm writing moslty everyday. There are a few times where I had misssed a week or so, but never longer than that. It's really hard to write everyday. There's not much time at the end of the day to write. We have to go to bed at 10:30. It's really good though.
I will send pictures today! YAY! I'm sending the memory card. It will get to you soon?
Love Elder Giles
No comments:
Post a Comment