Monday, August 19, 2013
Some things happened and we had to change our schedule. My other 2 companions got to email, but I did not. Oh well, I'm doing just great! My arm is perfectly fine now, I'm back to execrsising and everything.
We're doing great! My new companion, Elder Le Beau is here now. He's great! He knows sign language already and he is helping me interpret for the deaf people at church. It's really nice to have that help. I've been doing it myself for the past 12 weeks. Whew, it gets tiring. But when my companion interprets, I fall asleep. That happened to me yesterday. My companion was interpreting for Sunday School, and I was sitting there watching. Then I fell asleep. Later, I felt my companion poking my arm. I heard all of the deaf people laughing. I was supposed to get the closing prayer, but I was sleeping. Missionary work is really tiring. It's great too.
We're working realy hard to baptize Carla. She's getting closer and closer. She's going to start bringing her son with her, and her friends. We said "We would love it if you brought your friends and family!" We've been praying and working really hard for her.
We also have other people we're teaching, but Carla is the closest. We've also started finding lots of deaf people now. We've started to notice that all these deaf people have a really hard time coming to church. They don't have cars. We're still working with that.
Well, I hope everything is going great at home! Time is going by so fast! It's really hard to imagine I'll be home in 7 months.
I love you all, I'll email you all next week.
Elder Giles
No comments:
Post a Comment