Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Monday, November 11, 2013

Hello!  

It's been another exciting week here.  Wow, so much has happened.  The two baptismal dates that we had had to be cancelled.  The first one, Logan, was on the 16.  But he wants his whole family to learn and come to church together.  His wife wants to know more before she lets her husband get baptized.  We were happy to hear that Logan's wife wanted to meet with us.  The second one, Zack on Novembmer 30 was cancelled.  He is going to be home for Thanksgiving.  He also doesn't understand repentance yet.  When we invited him to be baptized, he was very excited.  Later, we were talking with him and he told us that he is going to drink and smoke as much as he can before he gets baptized then he'll stop.  We haven't had a chance to explain to him, but on Tuesday we will.  He's still very excited to be baptized.  We're really happy.

I miss the Deaf Branch too.  There's no deaf people here in Monterey.  They all live in Fremont because of the deaf school.  I think after my mission, I'll come back and visit the Deaf Branch.  

There's a lot of military people here.  I sometimes miss the military when I see them.  But not too much.  
For Thanksgiving, we're going to 3 different dinners I think.  I think it's going to be too much food.  But that's ok.  We'll figure it out.  How is Zach doing?  Is he doing a lot better from his motorcycle crash?  

We're having a lot of fun here.  I'm on a bike too.  I really enjoy it.  There are a lot of hills.  

Ok, I love you all

Elder Giles

(Mom will answer Joseph next Monday: Yes, Zach is doing a lot better. He is not giving upon USMC.)

No comments:

Post a Comment