Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday, November 4, 2013

Hello!

I have been transferred to the Monterey Zone.  I live in Seaside.  It's a city right by Monterey  Wow.  It is so beautiful here.  It's a vacation place.  The House we live in is on a hill and we can see the ocean and the Monterey Bay.  It's really wonderful here.  I've been here for 3 days or 4 and we have 2 baptisms set up.  A man named Logan will be baptized on the 16 November.  We met him my 1st full day here.  Wow.  We were riding our bikes and we saw a man pushing his baby in a stroller.  We said hello to him.  He said "Hey Elders, I've been looking for you.  Can you come to my house in 15 minutes?"  We said "Sure!"  We went to his house 15 minutes later and went inside.  We talked with him a bit and started teaching him.  Then he asked us "I was wondering, how do I get baptized?"  We were so surprised!  It was great.  He's been reading the Book of Mormon and praying.  He's been to our church a couple times before.  

I met another man named Zack.  He's in the Army.  Around here in Monterey, there's a language school for military people.  There's lots of Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines around here.  So Zack has been meeting with missionaries for a little while now.  When I first met him, he was smoking the entire time.  But we taught him the Plan of Salvation and invited him to be baptized.  He said yes.  We just need to help him stop smoking.  He will be baptized on November 30.

I think Monterey will be my last area.  I'm so lucky.  There are beaches here and everyone is so nice.  All the members want to share the gospel.  It's great.

I'm sad that I had to leave the deaf people behind, but I'm happy I can serve here in Monterey.

I will email you next week.
I love you all.


Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment