Monday, November 18, 2013
Hello!
Wow, so much has happened! We've been working hard here in Seaside. Now we are going to have a couple of baptisms soon. We've been trying to help our investigators come to church. Finally, this past week, we had our investigators come. One of them, Logan, has been coming for about a month. We've been praying for him and inviting the members to pray for him. After priesthood, we were leaving church. We saw him in the hallway and he waved us down. He wanted to talk with us. He said "Hey Elders. Can I have a baptismal date?" We were so surprised! We said 'yes! November 30th?" Now he will be baptized on November 30th. 2 other people we're teaching will be baptized the week after that. Marcus and Leah Haynes will be baptized on December 7th. They're so excited to be baptized. They were going to be at church yesteryday, but Leah went to the hospital. Everything is ok now, so they're planning on coming to church this Sunday. Marcus and Leah are just accepting everything we teach. Marcus says "Wow! That makes sense!" Leah always says she has a good feeling when we come and visit. It's so great! Zack Cunningham is going to be baptized mid December. Hopefully on December 13th? We haven't set up a day yet. He is working on stopping smoking. He's great. He feeds us fish every week. It's pretty good. All these people we're teaching are in the military. They won't stay here too long. Marcus and Leah are moving away before the end of the year, so we're trying to baptize them before they leave.
Whew, lots of work.
Yes, I will probably be here until the end of my mission. It's a wonderful place. The address is right. You can send me stuff to that address.
I did get an email from Minnie Mae. I will answer her question with the Wildmons. When I was in the ASL Program, we didn't get to teach them. We kept trying to set up appointments, but every time we went, they weren't home. Elder Domingo and Elder Le Beau are doing a great job with the deaf people. Elder Domingo is deaf so he can connect better than we ever could. He's doing wonderful.
I think Elder Domingo's family is doing fine. I don't know too much though. I don't see them. They live almost 3 hours away from me.
Wow, Zach's baby is coming? I'm going to be an uncle soon! Take lots of pictures and send them to me. Wow! it's weird to think about, but exciting!
Hopefully, I'll send the memory card soon.
Love Elder Giles
No comments:
Post a Comment