Monday, March 10, 2014
Hello family!
Everything is going great! We met a new person who will be getting baptized on 26 March! His name is Earl Narramore. He's 15 years old. We met him while we were biking to dinner. He was just walking all alone. We biked to him and talked to him. We didn't say anything too special, but he gave us his address and phone number. We stopped by Earl's house the next day. He was home. We started teaching him. Yesterday, he came to church and now he's friends with all the young men. He understands everything we teach him, he's so smart. I'm so excited to meet him. When we met him the first time, he was walking back to the high school because he forgot his bag. I think the Spirit made him forget so we could meet him.
Zach Herr is doing better now. We've been trying to find a good friend for Zach, but it's been hard. He's a single guy and everyone else in the ward is married with little kids. Zach isn't busy with family, only work. That's why he's been struggling. He didn't have any friends. But now he does. He's a lot happier now. He has a good influence to hang around.
This morning, I was writing in my journal and I realized, I only have 5 weeks left. It's amazing how fast time is.
Ok, I'll talk you next week. I love you all.
Elder Giles
P.S. I forgot to tell you, my new companion is Elder Fisher. He is a chinese speaking missionary. I'm really excited because now I can practice speaking chinese. There are no chinese people here, but Elder Fisher is still here. He's a great guy, he smiles a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment