Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday, March 31, 2014

Hello family!

Things are going fantastic. Earl Narramore got baptized this past Saturday. It was great.  All the young men were there. Earl wasn't too nervous. Everything went according to plan. The only funny thing was the baptism. Earl and the person baptizing him, Bro Loveless, practiced before the real thing.  But I guess Earl forgot that he was supposed to bend his knees when he was getting baptized.  When Bro Loveless tried to baptize Earl, Earl was as stiff as a board.  He fell over kind of funny, but he went all the way under. It worked out great.

A funny thing happened to us yesterday. Last night, my companion and I were waiting at a bus stop. We were waiting for the other missionaries to pick us up and bring us home. While we were waiting, we met 2 young guys that were walking home. They came and talked to us.  We started teaching them. During our teaching, the other Elders showed up and parked on the side of the street. Then, out of nowhwere, a cop pulls up behind the other elders and flashed his police lights.  A cop jumped out of the car and yelled at us to stay put.  Then he talked to the driver of our car.  2 more cop cars showed up and 2 more cops arrived. They started asking us questions. They thought we were criminals. We gave them our IDs and they ran background checks. They let us go eventually, but I think they might've arrested the 2 guys we taught.  I hope not because we set up an appointment with them.

Ok, I'll email you next week.
I love you all.
Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment